A T-shaped structure with addresses on both 17th and 18th streets, 122-124 Fifth Avenue was built in 1889-1900. This Robert Maynicke design established the rusticated base continued to the south by the later building at 118 Fifth Avenue. The spacious Greek Revival Doric-columned entryway is a distinctive touch. The building is currently the headquarters of… Continue reading
While not an official Fifth Avenue address, the westernmost of the row of houses between Fifth Avenue and University Place is directly adjacent to – and in fact is entered from – Fifth Avenue.