Two West 120th Street
Two West 12oth Street, designed in 1900 by George Pelham, is a very handsome Beaux Arts apartment house in the Anglo-French style. Its deep red brick makes a dramatic contract with the more somber brownstones that line this block of West 120th Street. Ironically, the first building on Fifth Avenue in the Mount Morris Historic District is… Continue reading
1136 Fifth Avenue
A somewhat battered-looking structure, 1136 Fifth Avenue was designed in 1925 by George F. Pelham Jr., whose 1120 Fifth Avenue stand a few blocks south. The removal of ornamental balconies and a portion of the Fifth Avenue cornice have compromised an otherwise pleasant design. The building is notable for featuring wood-burning fireplaces.
1056 Fifth Avenue
A building similar to its neighbor at 1050, 1056 Fifth Avenue is a post-war design faced in gold-beige brick. The architect was George F. Pelham for the development firm Simon Brothers. The building’s numerous cantilevered balconies have been mostly filled in to enlarge living space.