Marble Collegiate Church
Founded in 1628 as one of the first Dutch Reform congregations in North America, Marble Collegiate Church is the third building to serve its worshippers. Constructed in 1851 – 1854 to designs by Samuel Warner, Marble Collegiate Church augmented two older churches downtown (neither now standing) with a Gothic-Romanesque hybrid in Tuckahoe marble that was accounted one of the finest houses of worship in the city. A center of pro-prohibition culture throughout the early 20th Century, the famed Norman Vincent Peale was among its pastors. The stained glass includes two major Tiffany windows.
The church has been recently restored and is a striking sight; it is the last church on Fifth Avenue south of St. Patrick’s Cathedral at 50th Street.