838 Fifth Avenue
Completed in 1950 to designs by Harry M. Prince, 838 Fifth Avenue was originally the offices of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations. A sensitive and understated design, it is the only office building on Fifth Avenue between 59th and 100th Streets.
in 1999 the building was converted to condos by the firm of Beyer Blinder Belle.
The motto “Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself” remains intact on the Fifth Avenue façade.