45 Fifth Avenue

45 Fifth Avenue

Built in 1925, 45 Fifth Avenue is a conservative facade from Sugarman & Berger, who were better known for their interiors.  A similar, smaller design stands at 29 Fifth Avenue.  Sugarman & Berger also collaborated with Harvey Corbett Willett on the latter’s magnificent One Fifth Avenue as well as the creation of the Washington Mews. 

The building marks the upper border of the Greenwich Village Historic District, which has encompassed all of the buildings listed on this blog thus far; the historic brownstone immediately to the north, which houses The Salmagundi Club, is a New York City landmark but is listed separately.

Leave a Reply

Sign up for Our Newsletter

* = required field

powered by MailChimp!